Saturday, August 19, 2006

Worst Music Videos of the 80's












I was reading the Stuck In The 80's Blog today where they gave their choices of the worst music videos of the 80's. I agreed with a lot of them. But it got me thinking of what my list would be. Because lord knows there was a lot of suck that decade. So here's my Top 10 list of the WORST.

10) Shannon - Let The Music Play. The video seemed fine enough until halfway through when those dancers appeared. Oh dear. I think the real dancers didn't show so my girl Shannon went out on the streets of NYC and found the first group of bums she could find and said "Here's some clothes..you know, the washed kind. Put these on and dance!" It is the worst dancing ever! Well, at least the song itself is cool. Watch it here

9) Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy. I always hated this song and I hated the video even more. Robin Williams got on my last nerve in this one. Watch it here

8) Total Coelo - I Eat Cannibals. I don't know what this song was supposed to be about. Eating cannibals I guess. Whateva. The video was even more stupid. Watch it here

7) Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson - Say Say Say. And to think, these were the people behind the Beatles and Thriller? Make it go away!! Watch it here

6) Journey - Separate Ways. Now I really do like this song. But the video is just wrong. This is Journey, who I loved at this time. They went all 80's on us here. The jackets with rolled up sleeves, the haircuts, the faux instrument playing. Journey deserved better than this! Watch it here

5) Toni Basil - Mickey. Ok now, you may think I would like this because of it's title, but HELL NO! This song was popular when I was just starting high school. So this song was sung to me TOO MANY TIMES! Regarding the video, what's up with the fat cheerleaders? I'd hate to be at the bottom of that cheerleader pyramid! Watch it here

4) Eddie Murphy - Party All The Time. Are you serious? Did you actually think this wouldn't make the list?? Someone should've told Eddie that taking career advice from Rick James is not the best thing to do.
Watch it here

3) The Waitresses - I Know What Boys Like. This is just bad in so many ways. Three minutes of SUCK! Watch it here

2) Devo - Peek-A-Boo. Someone explain to me what this video means? It's is bizarre beyond words. BAD BAD BAD! Watch it here

1) Billy Squier - Rock Me Tonight. This is SO BAD that it's good. Whenever I need a good laugh, I just play this video. It is truly the WORST of the decade in my opinion. What was he going for in this video, the aerobics crowd, the gay crowd, I don't know, but it sure guaranteed his next concert tour would have NO crowd! Watch it here

There you have it. My 10 most Craptastic 80's videos. Excuse me while I hurl!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This video is worse than all of those:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8610362188397291938

Mickey M said...

Oh, not that video again! If I never see that again, it will be too soon! Fortunately, that was never played on MTV so I don't have to include that. I wonder if that song was a hit in Finland? If so, mark that off the list of countries I want to visit!

Anonymous said...

Get Your Celebrities Fix From Hollywood. [url=http://www.bestarticle.in/locating-a-nude-model-for-your-upcoming-shoot/]www.bestarticle.in[/url]

Mike said...

"Say Say Say" is a good song but not a big fan of the video either.

80s Music